HOLIDAY DATES AT THE SCHOOL
The school is closed on the following days :
- December 25th Christmas day
- January 1st New Year's Holiday
- Viernes Santo Las friday on Easter Week.
- November 1st Día de Todos Los Santos in GuatemalaPlease note that no classes or activities take place on these dates. Also note that no meals will be served at the family homestay on these dates.
When you come to Guatemala, and if you bring US Dollars in cash, we do not recommend that you exchange them for Quetzales at the airport, since the exchange rate varies a lot and could be very low. We suggest you change your cash at any bank in the country, it is especially easier in Antigua Guatemala. We recommend that you bring 100 and 50 bills. Making purchases or payments in Quetzales in small stores or businesses is easier than using US Dollars or Euros.
Please payment methods apply for in-person classes in Antigua Guatemala only.
Payments for Spanish classes, homestay and transportation should be:
- You can pay with Guatemalan Quetzals (Guatemalan currency).
- Visa credit card (please add 15% for credit card tax & bank fees.
- You can also use your credit/debit card using the ATM machine to exchange money to quetzales and pay cash and avoid the 15% extra charge for paying with your CC at the school
- If you have USD american dollars you can go to the bank exchange them and pay in quetzales.
Please make the payment in the first when you classes begin and/or first day of each week, as we pay teachers and homestay during the week and not at the end.
NOTE: If you do less than one week classes or homestay, the price per hour will be US$ 15. Also : If you bring american dollars you can have some problems to pay at differentes places here in Guatrmala or you will recive too low rate. We do not recommend to exchange money at the airport. Better once you will be in Antigua.
If you wish to make your reservation, please wirte us a e-mail with your request, you dont need to fill out a contact form if you dont want to, please include your name, e-mail, emergency contact info.
Transportation ( one way )
$ 45 per person for private, safe and direct transportation from Guatemalan Airport to Antigua (one shuttle, one way). $ 60 for 2 students (one shuttle, one way). You could also arrange transportation by yourself to take UBERS, taxis, collective shuttles, or public busses.